- Building our collection
- Acquisition policy
According to the Acquisition Policy priority is given to the following areas.
- Publications published in Sri Lanka.
- Publications on Sri Lanka, published in foreign countries.
- Publications by Sri Lankans published in foreign countries.
- General reference sources.
- Other reference sources which are especially needed for research but cannot afford to purchase by other libraries (Secondary sources).
- Publications pertaining to Library and Information Science.
- Main books on Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam.
- Deposit copies of Sri Lankan publications received under the Printers and Publishers Ordinances of 1885 and 1839 (amended in 1976).
- Books relevant to SAARC region.
- Ola-leaf manuscripts and rare books.
- Collections of eminent scholars.
- Electronic databases.