- Our services
- For libraries and librarians
- Conservation and preservation service
CONSERVATION AND PRESERVATION SERVICE
National Library and Documentation Services Board provides following services for the development of conservation activities in libraries.
- Establishment of conservation centers island wide in Public libraries. Conservation centre project was launched in 1992. Currently 126 conservation centers have been established
- Providing advice and guidelines for Conservation and Preservation Centers of the Public Libraries.
- Awareness raising through leaflets, brochures, posters on conservation and preservation.
- The National Library and Documentation Services Board provides advice on conservation and preservation of library material to other libraries in the country through advisory services.
- Serving as the IFLA PAC regional conservation centre.
- Conducting seminars, workshops, theoretical and practical training programmes on conservation of ola leaf manuscripts, book binding, document repairing, conservation of library material for library staff of all types of libraries, persons in-charge of conservation centers, record room keepers and individuals with the aim of obtaining awareness in scientific conservation methods.
- Production of traditional herbal oil for the preservation of palm leaf manuscripts. This oil is known as “PANHINDA”. The main aim of this project is to enhance the preservation of ola leaf manuscript.
National Library and Documentation Services Board
No. 14; Independence Avenue
||+94 11 3056244